Coming off the heels of an exceptional opener in Mattagami, the Dubreuilville Magpie Walleye Derby kept the circuit hype going by hosting the second event of the 2017 NOWT season.
Committee members and volunteers worked endlessly preparing the tournament facilities for the 119 teams signed up for the event. After 2 days of highly competitive fishing, one team would make a huge comeback and take top prize.
Day 1 Rankings (weight in pounds)
- 1st Jason Desormeaux / Kevin Tremblay (14.90)
- 2nd James Smedley / Peter Kusic (12.93)
- 3rd Cameron Moore / Dylan Buckell (12.88)
With only a few pounds of walleye separating first from the top 10, the win could be attainable for many. History shows that consistency is key, but experience, skill and the element of luck can change things around!
Day 2 Rankings (weight in pounds)
- 1st Jamie Robinson / Terry Bernath (20.65)
- 2nd Joel Bernier / Yvon Bernier (14.93)
- 3rd Jeff Smith / Kerry Kinderman (13.29)
An incredible 20.65 pounds weighed in by the team of Jamie Robinson and Terry Bernath on Sunday catapulted them from the bottom half of placing 66th to steal the win from the more likely contenders in the top 10.
Top 10 Final Rankings
- 1 Jamie Robinson / Terry Bernath 26.32
- 2 Cameron Moore / Dylan Buckell 25.66
- 3 Matt Guacci / Denis Perrier 24.81
- 4 Jeff Smith / Kerry Kinderman 24.34
- 5 Jason Désormeaux / Kevin Tremblay 21.13
- 6 Jason Tremblay / Billy Guay 20.86
- 7 Patrick Gendron / Sonya Gendron 20.86
- 8 Gilles Cyr / Bob McCoy 20.65
- 9 Alan Boughner / Trevor Boughner 20.40
- 10 Dario Lord / Richard Bjorem 19.64
For complete results, see our Results page.
For photos and commentaries, be sure to join the DMWD Facebook group!
Congratulations again to the organizers, volunteers, sponsors, Dubreuilville, and anglers. See you in 2018!